Inventory Unit Detail
2019 STIHL FS 38
A lightweight, value-priced consumer trimmer with many quality design features.
Designed for those seeking a great entry level string trimmer at a value price, the FS 38 is ideal for the homeowner. Its lightweight design - just 9.3 pounds! - is surprising when compared to its power output. And its high cutting speeds and 15" cutting width allow the user to complete trimming tasks in a short amount of time. Combined with optimized balance, an ergonomic loop handle, curved shaft and low vibration, the FS 38 offers exceptional handling and maneuverability around landscaping obstacles.
- Adjustable front handle: The front handle is easily adjustable (360-degree rotation) for comfort.
- Convenient throttle/start/run/stop controls built into the handle for easy operation.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- High Tech Polymer Housing: Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob: Helps prevent damage.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Air Filter Cover: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Plug: Protected yet easy to change.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Purge Pump Primer: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- Loop Handle (R): Loop handle grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for trimming between bushes and shrubs and other areas where space is limited.
- TapAction™ AUTOCUT® Cutting Head: TapAction™, 2-line AUTOCUT® cutting head with easy-view deflector.
- Displacement: 27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 0.65 kW (0.87 bhp)
- Weight*: 4.2 kg (9.3 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 330 cc (11.2 oz.)
- Cutting Swath: 15"
- Power Source: Gas
- Engine Type
- 0.87 bhp (0.65 kW)
- 1.66 cu. in. (27.2 cc)
- Cutting Width
- 15 in.
- 9.3 lb. (4.2 kg)